July 14, 2013

The Antiquities Act

I went hiking with my friend Kubs (whom I met through Beth and Bryan Clark.) It was a perfect day. It was a little hot, but we were mostly in the woods and it was so beautiful out there!!
Welcome to Valley Forge National Historical Park!

This was randomly set up in the middle of the woods. Not weird at all.

This was also weird.
 We actually walked out of the park, we kept following the Horseshoe trail to where it meets the Appalachian Trail.
Heading Back
 We got to the peak of Mt Misery first. There wasn't really a view. It was a bit of a let down.
Park boundary 
Corner of the National Park
 Then we hiked up Mt Joy, and that was beautiful!
Gorgeous View
 There were some small cabin-like houses that were (I think) replicas of what thew soldiers built and stayed in during the Civil War. I stood in one to get a shot of the other.
This is what the soldiers built and stayed in during the civil war. 
Just a beautiful day. 
The path to Mt. Joy. 





 On our way back to the car, I found a microsoft desktop of a view!
Final view

No comments: