November 2, 2009

Coffee, papers, class, library, sleep, repeat

It has come to my attention that there are only five more weeks until finals. How did that happen? It seems that I just finished all of my midterm papers last week. Weekends and evenings are now entirely devoted to the library and papers.

I have at least one full book a week for Satire- lets say about 300 pages. Pearls, Politics and Power for Women in Politics, at the same time as the The Handmaid's Tale- 224 and 324 pages, respectively. Not to mention the papers and questions related to the books. Also articles read and reviewed for Comparative Politics, and that isn't even touching upon the senior thesis for the Capstone. And I'm only taking four classes!

I hardly have time to breathe, let alone sleep or hang out with friends.

And then- there's the Swine Flu. This virus has been around campus with a fury as of yet unseen by our generation. More friends than I can count are “out with the oink” as they say. So now we have to deal with epidemic influenza, regular seasonal influenza, colds, weather (we do live in the Wind Tunnel of Shippensburg), family obligations, relationships, working (gotta pay the rent), and more papers than I have time to write let alone do the readings for. It's all a little overwhelming.

Why do professors think that the only things we have to do in a week concern their class?

I just keep telling myself: Just finish the semester, that's all you have to do. Just pass these four classes, then it's all over. It will be so much better once you finish this semester. But then I think of the classes for next semester, and what I am going to do after graduation, and how am I going to find the time for all of this- and now I don't know what to do.

I need more coffee. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane - this sucks! sounds like my senior year - hellish. but you can do it! you're tough and tenacious, like CJ Cregg :) hang in there! and let me know when you start to have time to hang out with friends again... :)